Sunday, March 3, 2013

Sheet Pan Dinner

My favorite kinds of dinners are the ones that involve the least amount of effort and create the fewest dishes. When I saw "Sheet Pan Dinner" recipes in a cooking magazine, I was hooked. Chop up a bunch of stuff, sprinkle it with other stuff, bake it in the oven and you're done? I'm in.

Each of the recipes either had something my husband didn't like (acorn squash) or I was allergic to (spicy Italian sausage), so my husband concocted a sheet pan dinner of his own. There aren't any amounts next to the ingredients because my husband doesn't believe in measuring when he cooks. Total dishes: cutting board, knife, bowl for spices, and the cookie sheet. I've already started thinking about other things we can put on here...like sweet potatoes, steaks, or anything else you can roast. Have a suggestion? Leave a comment :)

Ingredients:
Potatoes (we used Yukon gold)
Sausages (spicy Italian or Kielbasa or whatever you prefer)
Bell peppers
Red onion
Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb
Parmesan cheese
White pepper
Cayenne pepper

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 475 degrees. Pop stabbed potatoes in the microwave for a couple of minutes (or if you don't mind a few extra dishes, saute them in olive oil for a bit) Slice the potatoes, peppers and the onion(s) according to your preferences. Spread them out on a large cookie sheet - the kind that has an edge so the stuff doesn't fall off - along with sausages. Mix the seasonings together in a bowl and sprinkle over the top. Bake 18 minutes, remove from oven and flip the sausages. Broil on the top rack for no more than 5 minutes.

BEFORE:

AFTER:



No comments: