Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Declutter 2013

I haven't made a New Year's resolution since I was in middle school, and back then, it was probably something super unachievable (become a movie star, learn karate, meet Hanson, etc.)

This year, however, I stumbled upon minimalism. It just so happened that I came across this lifestyle while Andy was out for some New Year's Eve partying and I was at home nursing our little Nugget. Since Hayden ate A LOT and often, I spent a fair amount of time on my iPhone surfing the internetz or pinteresting. Long story short, I decided to have a goal for the year - let go of all of the clutter we've accumulated over the years. If you want to call that a resolution go for it. I want to spend less time taking care of my things and more time taking care of my kid (soon to be kidS, whenever Andy and I decide to go for #2)

This is the longest any of my resolutions has ever lasted.

I cleaned out my closet in January. Andy and I also cleaned out the kitchen and have 2 big boxes to give to my family.

February was kind of a wash for me.

I'm picking back up, though with the new 2013 in 2013 challenge.

Here are some shots of my closet purge.

What I let go (2 large moving boxes overflowing)



Cleaner closet:




No comments: