Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Return of the Queen

I love fall. I've eaten about three bags of candy corn so far, and it's not even November. I have a bag and a half waiting for me in the cupboard, too. I'm mad I can't find my Halloween decorations, but I'm not willing to brave the spare room in search of them. (As much as I love Halloween and all things scary, I HATE HATE HATE spiders.)

I got a new job. I'm a Suicide Prevention Coordinator. No, I do not take phone calls from people who are suicidal. No, I do not do counseling. My job is to educate, advocate, and something else I forget. But anyway, I like it so far. My schedule is flexible, I get to dip my toes in teaching now and then, and my coworkers are pretty cool.

In my next post, I'll put up some pictures I took of downtown Ne'rk. Sarah and I had a photo shoot and it was fabulous.

Oh, and I've reached 19,000 words in the novel I am working on. My goal is 50,000 by the end of October, but I am being flexible with that deadline, because I do not want to exhaust myself before NaNoWriMo. I'm already cooking up some ideas for November. The only thing I am not looking forward to about NaNo, is that I will be out of town the first week of November, which is going to mess with my schedule a bit. On the bright side, I will be in Mexico. So I'm not complaining in the least.

No comments: