Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sticky Situation

Every day, I learn something about my dogs. Today, it was the extent to which Rufus LOVES sticks.

ZOMG MOM I FOUND A STICK!

AAUGH! STICK!

Sticks give Rufus super-hero-flying powers.

Stick Awesomeness

Sticks make Rufus look like he is high (on life, of course).

Stick=Catnip For Rufus

Dun dun dun...

Concentration

You lookin at my stick?

Back Off, Lady! My Stick!

It's mine. Go get your own (so I can steal it from you)

Don't You Be Lookin At My Stick

I said "my stick!"

Meanest Hug Ever
(Rufus, I do not condone violence.)

This week's 52 Weeks For Dogs Challenge on Flickr was to shoot from the hip. It was a blast, I tell you! You should definitely try it sometime.

From the Hip

And as always, Stella gives me the best come-on-lady-are-you-serious expressions ever.

*Sigh* My Love

You want to see my sexy face? Do I get a stick?

Rufus Sexy Face

And now, for a little shameless self-promotion. I started a new blog because I felt like I was imposing on Stella&Roo's space by putting up wedding pictures. This is my StellaStar Photography blog where I will post non-doggy picturage from now on. With captions, of course.

In other news, Rufus has officially learned "roll over" and "high five." Roofy, you do mommy proud.

Ps. Does anyone know if dogs should not eat sticks? I'm thinking that some trees are probably poisonous to dogs, and I'm almost positive I caught Roo actually eating the stick. I can teach him not to eat the stick, if it's bad for him...

12 comments:

PoochesForPeace said...

I don't know if it's bad for them to eat sticks or not...

Rufus looks bigger! Cute!

What does "Shooting from the hip" mean?

PoochesForPeace said...

The link is not taking me to your non-doggy blog!

StellaStar said...

The link is not taking me to your non-doggy blog!
I fixed it. Thanks!

What does "Shooting from the hip" mean?
You don't look through the viewfinder to take the photograph. You can just hold the camera lower (like around your hip or knees or wherever) and guess, point & shoot. You end up with some pretty wacky photos...I have one of just Stella's feet because my aim was terrible.

Lois Lane/Laney said...

I've seen a lot of dogs eating sticks at the park, so other than maybe a case of diahria, I don't think it's too harmful.
Laney couldn't care less about sticks unless another dog is playing with one. Then she'll be sneaky and steal it. Then growl and snap if they try to take it back. She's such a bully.

Valerie said...

1. Glad to see, it appears, Stella is feeling better (healed?)
2. Love your "shot from the hip", and really, ALL your pics.
3. Would I have your permission to link your Stella&Roo blog site, to my blog list?

StellaStar said...

Laney couldn't care less about sticks unless another dog is playing with one. Then she'll be sneaky and steal it.
Hahaha! Stella does the same thing, only with rawhides and bones. I ♥ chinese shar pei.

1. Glad to see, it appears, Stella is feeling better (healed?)
She is feeling better, and she is almost healed (Yay!)
2. Love your "shot from the hip", and really, ALL your pics.
Thank you!
3. Would I have your permission to link your Stella&Roo blog site, to my blog list?
Of course!

Paws on the Run said...

Very cool about the new site. I love the family pics you too. Also love the hip shot of Stella. It really is a fun way to take pictures.

PoochesForPeace said...

Dear Rufus- Shadow was wondering how hemmo'roid cream is going to help his eyes.

StellaStar said...

Dear Rufus- Shadow was wondering how hemmo'roid cream is going to help his eyes.
Rufus is getting 'roid cream for his eyes because he has "Boston Terrier eyes" and the 'roid cream is supposed to help reduce the redness and irritation.

*fingers crossed that it works.

PoochesForPeace said...

oohhh, I thought it was that cream humans put on their butts!! heehee. Good Luck Rufus!
-Shadow

StellaStar said...

*steriod cream, not hemroid cream....

Minnie-Moo (Rescue Lab) said...

Muzzle (my mum) says she won't throw sticks for us as she's read horrid stories of how dogs have been badly injured by them. She thinks they could cause damage if bits are chewed - but we sometimes chew on twigs in the garden and they spit all the bits on the floor!

Love the photos :)

Minnie-Moo
xxx